Wednesday, February 18, 2009

Stretching Twists

(My Original Blog Post: http://www.coilyhair.com/stretching-twists/)
salvaged twist style

Ever heard of stretching a relaxer?  That's when someone waits as long as she can before getting another retouch.   Well, I have been doing the same thing with these twists.  I've had these twists for over 2 months--yes, since 2008--and they are still working for me (at least through my own eyes, not sure what you would say :-)). As explained in a previous post, I maintained them by washing and conditioning regularly, and twisting and re-twisting when I'm experiencing lots of new growth... so the twists were still lookin' tight and right.

My last post explained how I salvaged my twists due to a party I was to be attending, knowing I wouldn't have enough time to redo them before the event and all.  I left my twists to soak in a deep conditioning treatment overnight.  By the next day, my twists soaked up as much moisture as they could and were ready to be rinsed... in the morning.  After rinsing, my twists had a lot of weight to them, a lot of curl definition, and felt very moisturized!  My hair had gone to the spa...  and loved it :-)  Now, on to styling.

I had a nail appointment to get to, so I decided to quickly added my leave-in's and moisturizer, rolled random sections of twists onto jerri curl rollers, cover with a scarf, then my knit cap, and out the door I went.  By early evening, I sat under my soft bonnet dryer to complete the drying process, pulled out all the rollers, and I had a head full of curled twists.  Again, being in a hurry, I spritzed some shine all over the twists and left... no separating of the ringlets of curls or anything!  I had no idea what it looked like until I saw pictures from the event.  I was pleased :-)

No comments:

Post a Comment

If you have a question, please feel free to visit www.coilyhair.com for a quick reply...

Rate this post at www.coilyhair.com!