Tuesday, February 17, 2009

Spa-Like Hair Treatment

(My Original Blog Post: http://www.coilyhair.com/spa-like-hair-treatment/)
I have really been meaning to change my hairstyle, but these twists just do not want to go.  They really want to remain apart of me!  There has been a few things preventing me lately from getting my hair redone.  The latest reason why I haven't changed my hairstyle is that I was invited to a party two days before hand--the same day I was to take my hair down to have it done on Sunday.  So... I had to choose, and you know I love a great party :-)

I decided to salvage my current hairstyle and therefore did not unravel my twists to comb out to be restyled.  Instead, I put my hair through a serious deep conditioning session since they were very dry and overdue for a deep conditioning treatment (after all, I was planning on my hair stylist to take care of that).  I washed and conditioned my twists very well  and then drenched them in my long-time favorite deep conditioner, Organic Root Stimulator's Replenishing Conditioner.  I covered my twists with a plastic cap, slept in the conditioner, woke up the next morning and wore it to work--yes, to work.  I covered it with a black sleeping cap, and then followed with my knitted black cap.  Since it was a cold winter day and it was a Friday (meaning casual dress), this worked in my favor :-)  Now all I needed to do was let the conditioner work it's magic.

1 comment:

If you have a question, please feel free to visit www.coilyhair.com for a quick reply...

Rate this post at www.coilyhair.com!